MARS Returnship connects employers with accomplished, professional women looking for full-time or project-based work.
Why partner with MARS?
MARS Solutions Group is well versed in what it takes to run a successful returnship program. We offer:
- Custom programs to match your unique technical and cultural skills needs
- Martian Returners gain 3-6 months hands-on experience working with complex business projects
- Our program is highly selective; We focus on the skills these future Martians bring to the table that we know we cannot teach, such as commitment, drive, desire to succeed, hard work, team play….you get the idea. We rely on our decades of experience within the technology placement industry. We have a proven framework of a selection process for aptitude and soft skills.
- We have a strong progressive technical leadership team. We can help you devise your resource strategy and identify the skills gap that is unique to your current and target state technical architecture. We help you build tomorrow’s workforce by creating these career on-ramps for those who have taken career breaks.
Why implement a returnship program?
Returner programs offer real benefits to employers and employees alike. While helping people who have taken a career break to return to work, they also deliver real competitive advantage for employers.
A way to tackle skills gap
Creates access to an extra pool of talent who either have the right skills or could easily be trained to develop them.
Improved gender, age, and cognitive diversity
Returner programs can support the drive for diversity in several ways:
- Given that 89% of people out of paid work caring for family or the home are female, returner programs can support greater gender diversity across an organization.
- Hiring returners can also improve the age diversity of an organization, bringing in individuals with high levels of experience, maturity, and commitment.
- Employers report that returners tend to offer a different way of looking at problems and situations, which can help enhance an organization’s cognitive diversity.
Access to a new high-caliber talent pool
Women returners are often an overlooked pool of talent; Companies pass up highly qualified candidates simply because of a break in their resume.
There is a large pool of women with professional/managerial experience who are economically inactive for caring reasons and many women who are working in lower paid, lower level roles to fit around family commitments. These women have a high level of skills, education, and experience, as well as new skills gained during their career breaks.
Support for the female talent pipeline
The ‘brain drain’ of female talent is a challenge familiar to many organizations. Hiring experienced returners is an innovative way to expand your female talent pipeline and boost the presence of more senior women leaders in your organization. This can also have a positive effect on your gender pay gap.
Improved broader attraction and retention
A successful returner program can have a positive impact on brand image, clearly signaling your organization’s support for parents and caregivers in the workplace. It shows that your organization is open to and accepting of non-linear career paths, and values the role that caregiving plays in society. This can play a key role in both the recruitment and retention of talented employees.
A returner program can be a cost-effective way to bring experienced employees into the organization in comparison with using a recruitment agency.
Business for Good as well as Good for Business
Supporting people who have taken a career break by bringing them back into the workforce is beneficial for society and the economy. Creating a path back to suitable-level roles will provide a viable choice for people to pause their careers. This can help to reduce the gender pay gap.